The Industrial & Commercial Development Corporation (ICDC) is a State Corporation established in 1954 to promote the economic development of Kenya through supporting the establishment and growth of industrial and commercial enterprises. The Corporation has ambitious plans to become a high-performance public entity that will contribute meaningfully to the economic development of Kenya.
In order to achieve its Corporate objectives, the Corporation is seeking to recruit a talented, innovative and results oriented individual to fill the following position:-
SENIOR ICT OFFICER
(a) Duties and Responsibilities
Duties and responsibilities will entail:
- Supporting and troubleshooting core business applications;
- Customize, support and maintain Microsoft NAV applications;
- Analyze technical and functional specifications provided by business users;
- Importing and exporting data across a variety of databases and other applications;
- Drawing and scheduling preventive maintenance of ICT infrastructure;
- Developing training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems;
- Evaluating systems and ensuring adherence to established performance standards;
- Reviewing and evaluating feasibility studies and detailed specifications before implementation;
- Maintaining primary and disaster recovery data centers;
- Ensuring work and changes to the ICT infrastructure components are undertaken;
- Designing Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN);
- Compiling progress reports on the operations of ICT systems; and
- Ensuring backup and disaster recovery systems are maintained.
- Any other duties assigned by authorized officer
(b) Skills and Experience
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Dynamics NAV is critical
- Experience of working on full life cycle implementations of an ERP Solution
- Strong understanding of data center infrastructure and virtualization
- Strong understanding of core Database Management Systems
- Strong understanding of modern networking technologies
- Ability to create high quality functional documentation and strong requirements gathering skills.
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
(c) Requirements for Appointment
- At least five (5) years’ experience in ICT field in public or private sector;
- Bachelor of Science degree in any of the following fields: Computer Science, Computer Technology, Informatics Computer Science & Technology, Information Systems, Business Information Technology (BBIT), Informatics and Computer Science, Computing Science and Technology, Computer Security and Forensics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution; and
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)/Microsoft AX/NAV Certified;
- Cisco Certified Network Administrator (CCNA) or any other equivalent qualification from recognized Institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body.
Your application letter should demonstrate why you think you are the most suitable candidate and include an up to date CV highlighting relevant qualifications, skills, work experience, current remuneration, names and contacts of three professional referees. Please send your application together with copies of relevant certificates and testimonials to:
P.O. BOX 45519 – 00100
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICDC is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns. Women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Applications should be received on or before 9th June, 2017.